You’ve come to the right place!
Welcome to the Shoals Area of Northwest Alabama. Florence. Muscle Shoals. Sheffield. Tuscumbia.
Four cities and nine townships in Colbert and Lauderdale Counties.
Our Workforce is skilled and educated. Our cost of living is low; our quality of life is high.
Located along the beautiful Tennessee River, our cities are in the heart of the Sunbelt.
We’re pro-business and pro-community. We actively promote growth.
Are you looking for a place to do business? For business, there are few spots that are more ideal.
You’ve come to the right place.
We’re in the center of everything.
• We are in the northwest corner of Alabama, near the Tennessee and
• We are 100 miles northwest of Birmingham, Alabama
• We are 60 miles dues west of Huntsville, Alabama
• We are 120 miles southwest of Nashville, Tennessee
• We are 120 miles southeast of Memphis, Tennessee
• The population of our four major cities is more than 65,000.
• Our Metropolitan Statistical Area includes 143,000 people.
• We serve a regional trade area of 410,000 people.
• We are in the geographic center of over three million people, and are
within a day’s drive of over 55% of U.S. markets.
• We are served by the Northwest Alabama Regional Airport in Muscle
Shoals Alabama and by the Huntsville International Airport.
• We are strategically located on several major four-lane highways.
Highway 72 runs east and west and connects us to Memphis and Huntsville.
Highway 43 runs north and south and connects us to Nashville and Tuscaloosa. Interstate 65 is 40 miles to our east.