ABOUT THE SHOALS CHAMBER
It's PEOPLE who make things happen!
The Chamber's most important asset is its members — people just like
you, who realize that they can accomplish collectively through the Chamber what they cannot do individually. You are encouraged to voice your opinion and to participate in the work of the various committees. When enough people become interested in a project and make their individual contributions, then things HAPPEN!
It's WORKING TOGETHER that makes things happen!
By working together, the united voice of the business community will be heard. It is the ONLY business organization that can speak and act for business as a whole.
The Chamber works for you, pursuing business and community challenges which are often beyond the reach of any one person or business - in a way that will be the greatest benefit to you and your company. In your behalf, the Chamber concentrates on those complicated issues that must be solved for the progress and betterment of the area. These challenges are usually too big and too complex for an individual to tackle...things like economic development, business responsibility, government relations, transportation, taxation, community development and service.
It's the ACTION that makes things happen!
We serve as an economic and legislative advocate for business and industry. This is achieved through the Chamber's commitment to building excellence in programming, services, and marketing.
WHEN PEOPLE WORK TOGETHER THEY CAN GET ACTION AND MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!
Think of your chamber as...
- A Department of Your Business - A department staffed with top business and pro fessional people who work diligently for you on committees and special projects.
- A Watchful Eye - Keeping close watch on legislation which affects you and your business,
and watching to be sure the quality of life is maintained.
- Another Voice - Presenting your views on issues at all levels of government.
- A Helping Hand - Developing information, answering inquiries and preparing factual
data and brochures that tell the story of our area.
- Another Tool - Hundreds of members - and staff - working together constantly
to promote and sell our community to new businesses and residents.
- The Front Door - Of our community, the place where visitors and newcomers get their first impression of the Shoals.
If not the CHAMBER, then WHO?
Your CHAMBER is committed to:
- Maintain an office with full-time staff devoted to the civic, commercial, and public policy development of our area?
- Answer the hundreds of questions about the Shoals made in person, by mail, by e-mail, telephone and fax?
- Speak for business with government leaders regarding proposed and existing laws and regulations which impact on business?
- Coordinate the talents of local business people in tackling basic issues concerning growth and development?
- Stand ready to pursue any matter which can make our area a better place to live and earn a living?
- Progressive, quality community growth
- Responsive government
- A favorable climate in which to do business
REMEMBER: THINGS HAPPEN BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO CARE MAKE THEM HAPPEN!
With the Chamber's help, business and industry grow; With your help, the Chamber grows. When you join the Chamber, you are investing in the financial health of the Shoals area.